Pekay
    CEO
    CEO

RL Location : Australia

The Star Citizen Economy

Post by Pekay on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:54 am

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
     C.E.O. - InterSun Aerospace
    Use the following Referral Code when signing up to Star Citizen to receive a bonus 5,000 Credits: STAR-PWRG-YWWD

More_Tono

RL Location : Hermiston, Oregon, USA

Re: The Star Citizen Economy

Post by More_Tono on Tue 13 May 2014, 1:19 pm

Interesting. Looks like the SC economy will be even more tied to players than eve ever was. Looks like a good pirate fleet on the fringe could actully starve a system, cut off all their supply's. It's all just so interlinked. We may need a full time accountant.  :lol!: 

"Trust Is Earned"
    Tono  Cool
    Phishpayst
    Senior Officer
    Senior Officer

RL Location : Calgary, Canada

Post by Phishpayst on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 4:04 pm

I like how the players are not the sole driver of the economy so that the system should not be collapsible by a large group or groups.

9/10 people can not tell the difference between Phishpayst™️ and a real live, dead fish!
    Pekay
    CEO
    CEO

Post by Pekay on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 12:42 am

Phishpayst wrote:I like how the players are not the sole driver of the economy so that the system should not be collapsible by a large group or groups.
    Absolutely!   Hooray  2 Thumbs Up!  5 Stars! 

A fully player-driven sandbox is nice in theory but without good controls and balances, it's like living with rampaging Vikings.  Now that's fine if you want to be a Viking or even a Viking hunter.  However, if you're trying to build a community that not only enjoys fighting but also enjoys things like exploration, resource mining, manufacturing or trading then it's less than ideal.  I firmly believe that Star Citizen is the perfect home for groups like InterSun Aerospace who want "Maximum Variety" in a space sci fi universe!  Very Happy

/end advertising  Wink 

(I wish I could get this message across to other people with whom I played other sci fi MMO games.)

Use the following Referral Code when signing up to Star Citizen to receive a bonus 5,000 Credits: STAR-PWRG-YWWD
    Phishpayst
    Senior Officer
    Senior Officer

RL Location : Calgary, Canada

Post by Phishpayst on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 3:14 am

What other sci-fi games are you referring to? I'd guess EVE would be one. Any others to throw on the learn from the past pile?

9/10 people can not tell the difference between Phishpayst™️ and a real live, dead fish!
    Pekay
    CEO
    CEO

Post by Pekay on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 3:54 am

Eve is the group history for around 40-50% of INSUN but we've all been separately involved in many other MMOs in a range of leadership roles in clans/corps/orgs/fleets/whatever. Happy

Current date/time is Sat 23 Sep 2017, 11:03 am